Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We Come from a place not so safe, by P

I can become derailed in an instant. My world that seems so solid can become a state of total numbness, emptiness and disconnectedness. I can feel only the abyss of pain deep inside and it consumes me. It is big and it is heavy and it feels like I am dying under the weight of it. I try to fight my way out but become exhausted and buried deeper still. I give in and stop and for awhile walk around like this, feeling totally helpless to find the way out. What I have tried hasn't worked. And then, I will read something, or hear something and I will feel it penetrate the negative weight around me, and for a moment I can remember how it feels to be safe, secure and loved and I don't want it to end. The feeling starts to fade and I try to keep it, hold onto it and make it mine. I want to stay here forever. I want to believe it is my right to belong here. And I can, for awhile. I get comfortable here. Thinking it is my place; my home. I've fooled myself somehow finding a way to convince myself this is mine. Warmth grows in my heart. A smile grows on my lips and I am alive again. It's love. I forget that I don't own this place. I am only a visitor. I don't know how long it will last or when it will be stolen away. For now I live like it's mine determined to hold on to this place I can't seem find, on my own. I need to become like you. To know where I belong. It has to be here somewhere. Who will accept me and keep me strong. If you, give me the strength, I don't know for how long. I don't know who I am or where to be so I look around for you to remind me. It's still always temporary, and I am getting tired of the up and down's steady getting tossed around. I feel at your mercy. Im only OK when you like me. Because who will bring me to that place if it isn't in your face. If I disappoint you I get cut off, and I am beginning to not know how to fit in. I need to know where you are. I think when I find you I will now be complete and get from you the entire suit. The pieces I can't find inside I will get them from you and begin to rise. Now I know I must find you and I begin to look at everyone I see. Perhaps YOU will notice me. Then I will be found and the story will be that YOU in searching, found and restored me. Time passes and nothing happens and I am certain I will never know how to become safe and whole. I look harder and become more aware that I will need to pay money to finish this stare. I know it is a big commitment making the first move. I begin to panic and get stung by fear. What if you're not available to give me your ear? I do it anyway. What have I got to lose? It must be done before I become a permanent member of the blues. I get the call you are willing to talk and meet me to see what I have become. You happen to have been waiting for me all these years hoping I would find you to quell your tears. Tears you've cried for me since I've been gone not realizing the pain would always belong. We meet and I am never more unsure and certain at the same time. This meeting was meant to be for us to climb out of the emptiness created after we separated. You cried when you saw me. We talked. and you tried to fill in the blanks of how there came this big divide. I listened and waited and thought it would be a magical moment of you and me; together again, bonded and strong reunited to sing our old song. It wasn't the same. How could this be? I thought you were the answer to me. I didn't really know you, but I was glad to see, there was some resemblance looking back at me. I wanted so much more but what I got would do. I had made some progress in finding you. I left not sure of what I feel. My completeness not seeming anymore real. I didn't know how to fit you into my life. I definitely didn't need another mom in my life. I came for you. I thought it would be the replaceable part that went missing from me. I realized there was nothing you could say to give me back what I felt stolen away. So I stick to what I know works, keeping others happy to get the praise I'm worth. It doesn't take long before I'm exhausted and you seem to have found the pleasure in manipulating me to get your way. It's so easy. I'm so needy. You see the power you have over me and begin to withhold the praise you see I need, watching, waiting to see if I bleed. I get weaker than I've ever been. Addicted to praise I work to please, every move draining me, I fall to my knees. Begging. Pleading. Desperate for you to see me, praise me, love me. Is this all I am? All that's left? A life of deprivation I'm forced to accept. The more I need you the worse it gets. You strengthen as I weaken. You grow as I die. You no longer care as you watch me cry. I am lost more than I've ever been. What I once held onto holds onto me. I am trapped in a space; falling, falling away from first place. The pain has compounded; your rejection upon my lack of affection. Death to my soul; deeper than the deepest hole. I am now completely out of control. How do I fight the desperation I feel. I struggle. Im trying to become more real than this pain inside getting harder to hide. The destruction has grown and has a life force of its own. I am fighting you. I am fighting me. I can't find a place to let me just be. Chaos in my soul. I have no idea where to go. I am afraid. I am alone. I feel my heart will never find its home. I need someone to love me; feed my exhausted soul. I can't go on like this. I'm not made for this abyss. I collapse. I am sobbing. I cry out in pain “I'm sorry, I'm sorry” over and over again. 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry why did you have to go? I feel so unloved and unloveable.' Was I too bad to kiss? Why wasn't I worth the risk? “Please come back, come back, I need you in my life. You need to come back and make it right.” Oh God! Oh God! What am I going to do? I am alone and nobody can help me through. Nobody can help me through. NOBODY can help me through. I don't know if I can make it like this anymore. It has to be me that gets up off this floor. I am now lying there, still. Waiting to receive the invincible pill. I roll to my side and curl up like a ball. Holding myself tight, I wait for the call. I am waiting for something inside me to change. Please help me, I need you... I need you...please help me find my way. I open my eyes and jump up off the floor. I'm not giving up. I'm trying some more. I set out to see what has become of me. I can do this. I can do this. I have to believe. Things will be different just wait and you'll see, a certain strength has come over me. I am determined to figure this struggle out. I know one thing is perfectly clear; this is about me and my enormous fear. The fear that has controlled me since my birth. Thinking I will never be loved for my true worth. I hear...and I've been told... I am worth more than gold - simply because I'm made from a one and only mold! Can it be;who I am, has nothing to do with how YOU feel about me? I'm getting excited and jittery. This thought alone is setting me free and releasing a power from deep down within. This might be the first time I feel, I will win this race, and not forever be a victim to the constant chase. I have a sense that I'm on top, giving myself permission; it's time to stop- hurting myself by not being clear; there is a reason I was sent here. No one can take my life away. It's mine to choose what to do, what to believe and what to say. I close my eyes. I go back inside to figure out my soul's divide. Could it be I'm OK? You didn't leave with my heart that day? I still have all my pieces in tact? I have my heart. I have my worth. They belong to me from before my birth.

I am Priceless

Complete by Design

Given to the world,

with you in Mind.

My destiny is

FOREVR MINE.

Copyright © Paula Darkins 2009

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crushed when my lover of three years left to be with another woman. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help.And i saw a testimony of a spell caster who help a girl called michelle and i said let me give it a try so i contact him for help and he cast a love spell for me which i use in getting my love back and now i am a happy woman.For what you have done for me,i will not stop to share your goodness to people out there for the good work you are doing.I hope God blesses you as much as you have help me to get my Love back,visit him on oriomonspiritualtemple@yahoo.com is the only answer to your problemS
    EMILIANO BABARAH_USA

    ReplyDelete

Followers