Monday, November 2, 2009

We Are CHOSEN, by P

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
This applies to everyone. However It is especially important for those of us who have been adopted in forming our identity. We have a distinct point of origin and can be confident in our beginnings. We were with God. He knew us first. He created us. And he has a purpose for our lives. When we are hit with feelings of rejection, and abandonment and questions about who we are, we can clear this up by going back to the beginning. Not everything is perfect along the way. We have or will experience painful situations because that is life. The only way I have found, through the madness, is to remember that God created me with a destiny and nothing can stop me if I remember that I am more than my experiences. I am not defined by my experiences. I am defined by my God. He says I am priceless. He says I am wonderfully made. He says I am full of everything I need to live a great life. I choose to believe this because I know it is true in my heart. I have felt really, really worthless. I have felt extremely rejected and invisible. I have felt used and abused. I have felt discarded and alone. I felt sad and desperate for love. I went looking for the answers mostly in other people. I wanted them to make me feel good. To give me their time and attention so I could feel love, but what I found is the burden on them is too great. It wears them out and crushes the love that existed. I was caught in a cycle of frustration with my relationships because of this and always ended up empty, lonely, hurt, rejected, and abandoned. FINALLY, I found that this love is INSIDE me. When I was able to clear away the sadness and pain because I was so sick and tired of feeling it, I found me. A me that I could love. Just as I was demanding more God put a friend in my life to remind me of my true beginnings; to speak the truth to my soul and awaken the person within that has always been me. She exists in you and she is wonderful....get to know know her and love her unconditionally. She is waiting for YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers